What is self awareness:
- Being aware of people
- Knowing we exist as an individual
- Recognising other people’s beliefs
- Being aware of your own individuality
Self awareness is having a balanced and honest view of your own personality, and often and ability to interact with others frankly and confidently. As well as being aware of your own individuality.
It’s a recognition of:
- Our personality
- Our strengths and weaknesses
- Our likes and dislikes
- Helps us to recognise when we’re stressed or under pressure
- A prerequisite for effective communication and interpersonal relations
- Helps us to develop empathy for others
Everyone is unique therefore it is important to harness your strengths and weaknesses.