There are six management skills, these are:
- Leading People – a leader knows where they want to go. A manager knows how to get there. It is unusual to find both in one person.
- Managing Change – Change is constant & people don’t like change
- Meeting Customer Needs – This is arguably one of the most important skills as the customer pays for the product/ serviceso it is important to satisfy them
- Managing Information and Knowledge – This helps you to make decisions and plan for the future
- Managing Activities and Resources – This makes sure people know what to do, what they need and where to be
- Managing Yourself